Thursday, October 4, 2007

Here goes...

Here we go!!

I haven't blogged in quite a while...so I though it was time I started again! Not that I've ever had that much to say, oh well!

So I got my hair cut and colored this weekend...super cool!! I have a red streak in the front and it's amazing. Now, I told my boss on Friday that I was going to do it and she said that she couldn't wait to see it!! Fast forward to today at about 5:45. I was supposed to leave at 5, but we had to have a talk. So, she gives me a run down of what my duties are at the branch...which was cool. I mean I pretty much knew, but it was interesting to see it on paper. Then she tells me, very reluctantly, that her boss's boss wants me to cover up the red!!!! She told me that she fought for it because she liked it and there's technically not anything in our dress code that says that I can't have a red streak in my hair. He just feels like it's not professional. Whatever is what I have to say to that!!!!! I'm ready for a new job!!! One that will allow me to dye my hair any dang color that I want to, and one that will let me get my nose pierced again if I want to!!! I'm sick of having a super professional job!! It sucks for someone like me. I've never been a corporate type of person and I have been working a corporate type job for almost 3 years. I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY MORE!!!!! I need to find something else...quick!!

Anyway, that's my rant for the day.

Enjoy :)

3 comments:

Anita Finn said...

Man that really sucks! There is no way he should be able to get away with that especially since there is nothing in the dress code about it. I hope you are able to find a cool job that allows you to be your self and not conform to what the corporate world thinks. Anyway, just thought I'd add to the rant :) Talk to you later!

live compassionately said...

sad day! I'm sorry about your boss's boss or whatever...I hope it works out! :(

-Kristin :)

jenn said...

That does suck and i know how you feel....i don't work with the public at all, i sit in a cubicle and barely see the people i work around...i so wanted to put a dark purple streak of color in my hair and they won't let me because "its not professional"....when are stupid people going to stop telling creative, fun people what to do...i think its time to take over the world!! :)