Sunday, October 7, 2007

Exhaustion

I'm sooo exhausted right now!

It's been a great weekend though. I left work at 4 on Friday and headed to the church. I drove the people mover for the high school group. We went to Tulsa for the Switchfoot concert. I don't know a whole lot of their stuff, but I do appreciate that they sound like their recordings!! It is always frustrating to hear people sound so amazing on their albums only to discover that they are horrible in real life!! After the concert was over, we had a pretty long walk back to the people mover. On the way, there was a QuikTrip- the boys are pretty much obsessed with the QT!! So we stopped in and bought some beverages and snacks. We then headed to the home of one of our sponsors...well, his parents' home...anyway. They have a very large back yard and they pitched tents for us to sleep in and built a fire pit for us and everything!! It was so nice! I was already pretty tired when we got to the house, so I wasn't so into the whole fire and roasting marshmallows. I was just ready to crash! I ended up sleeping in a tent with 4 other girls. Now, this tent probably could have slept 3 very comfortably and 4 a little less cofortably....but there were 5 in there!! It was so hot!!! Not a whole lot of sleeping happened that night. Not to mention that I was on the ground. My body is hurting today!! When we got up on Saturday morning we had a huge breakfast. We loaded up the people mover and headed for OKC around 12:30. I was so tired and I felt disgusting from sweating so much...but it was so much fun!!! I don't know if I'll be able to do the camping thing again any time soon....but I'm not saying that I'll never do it again. I just need to let my body recover from this weekend.

Anyway...that's pretty much it for me right now. I'm getting ready to go take a nap!!

Peace!

No comments: