Sunday, February 3, 2008

One more week!!

That's right!!! One more week until I move on to the next section!!! Then I will no longer be one of the new girls!!!! Next week will be pretty busy! We have a mock state board exam on Wednesday. This is where we get to practice all of the practical portion of the state board exam! I'm not worried about it....because I'll have 3 or 4 more of these before I actually take the real thing!! It does kinda stress me out though....because so many of the tests are timed! The very first part of the test is the comb out...which is the "June Cleaver" hair style! I take my mannequin with the rollers and pin curls done and dried. In 10 minutes I'm expected to take the hair out of the pin curls and rollers, brush it out and back comb the top to achieve this look...





I think it will be ok....but being timed just stresses me out! We have been practicing the timed portions of the test for two weeks though...so we'll see!

So, Ash Wednesday is this week. I have been thinking about what I'm abstaining from during Lent this year. The only thing that I can think of is the computer. I know that it is such a huge form of communication now, but I spend so much time on Facebook, checking e mails and just doing nothing. I get off of work at 9 on Tuesdays & Thursdays and I get home and get on the computer and end up staying up a whole lot later than I plan on staying up! I could spend that time reading a book, journaling, praying, or I could just go to bed at a decent time so I won't be completely exhausted at school the next day!!! I really think that this will be a good thing!

Anyway, I'm off to a Superbowl Party!!

Peace! :)

2 comments:

Amanda Fortney said...

Oh, good idea about the computer for Lent. I definitely need to cut back. I think I'm going to steal that idea from you! Thanks!

Amanda Fortney said...

Just to clarify, "cut back" not "abstain completely." I have to keep in contact with people, of course!