Saturday, January 12, 2008

God Is Good!!

I have been worried about my job situation since I left the bank over a month ago! I got my last pay check from the bank at the end of December and was really concerned about where I would get the money to pay bills after that. Well, I had spoken with my friend, Susan Horton, about needing a job and she suggested that I work at the salon, which is primarily a tanning salon. She gave my number to the owner and she hired me last night!!! So...I have a job!!!!

I have also been concerned about my first hair cutting test for school. It is on January 19 and I was told that I had to find someone to be my model. I was worried from the start because the haircut we are testing out on is not that great. I have asked so many people and for one reason or another they are not able to help me out. I totally understand, but I was pretty worried! My instructor informed us yesterday that we will be purchasing a new mannequin head for the sole purpose of our tests!! So I do not have to find a model and I will be able to take my test on the 19th!!!! It's been such a great week!!!!

Today we practiced the cut that we are doing for our test....and I felt pretty good about it. The more I work on these cuts, the less difficult they are for me. I've really been struggling the past couple of weeks....mainly because I'm too hard on myself! I have to remind myself that I'm not a banker anymore and that I'm actually learning a trade now....not just how to give great customer service and open accounts. I picked up on that stuff pretty quick and did well at it....but cutting hair is soooo different!!! I am very slow at cutting right now. I'm such a perfectionist and don't want to mess things up...even though it's not even a real person I'm working on!! This week was better though. I have decided that I need to accept the fact that I'm going to make mistakes...that's why I'm in school...to learn how to do this the right way!!! Anyway...I'm excited for my test next week...and quite nervous! I'd better get to bed now though....I wake up in 6 hours!!!

Peace! :)

3 comments:

live compassionately said...

Yay Stina! That's awesome!

Cara said...

Hooray! What a great week!!!

Mike said...

Huzzah! Congrats!

If I didn't just get a buzz cut from a non-professional, (i.e. Jeff) I would TOTALLY let you cut my hair.