Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A Minor Setback

So, I went to meet with the prospective employer yesterday...and it's not going to work out!! So, I am currently enrolled for classes that start Dec. 18th and will be leaving my current job on Dec. 7th and do not have another job yet!! I'm not too worried, because I get paid all of the PTO that I have accrued over the last 3 years...almost 200 hours!!! Now, this should help for a few months, so I've still got some time to find a job....but I would like to have something lined up before I start classes. Let me know if you have any ideas that don't involve waiting tables.

Anyway...I'm counting the days until I get to leave my job!!! It has been pretty stressful lately and especially this week. I'm not going to give any details as to what all is going on....but I just can't handle much more!!! Only 16 1/2 days to go!!! (The 1/2 is because I work this Saturday....and it's only for half of a normal day.)

So....this writer's guild strike is killing me!!! I don't know all the details of why the writers are on strike...but I think that someone should just hurry up and give them what they want so my shows will come back!!!! Well, Heroes isn't gone....yet. It only has 2 more new episodes!!! 24 isn't even going to come on at all!!! What am I supposed to do on Monday nights now?!

There is also a strike going on in NYC that has shut a lot of Broadway shows down. I think that is really sad, because I don't think there is a better experience in the world than that of live theater!!! I think it is something that everyone should experience. I think that it is the stage managers and the behind the scenes people that are on strike here....and I have complete respect for them!! I have been a stage manager before and it is so difficult! It sucks sometimes to put up with actors/actresses who don't follow direction, know their lines, shut up back stage during a show, know their cues...you get the idea!! I say, "Give these people what they want!!!" They probably deserve it...and then some!!! Just get these shows back up and running!!!

So that's my thought for today!! I hope you all, all 5 of you, have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Peace :)

3 comments:

Mike said...

...And of course with the strike comes more and more of one of my favorite things---"Reality Shows!" Argh!

I can't describe to you the depths of depression that I sink to at the prospect of watching "America's Got Choirs" or whatever that show is going to be called.

I refuse.

Anyway, this is your blog, not mine.

jenn said...

I TOTALLY agree with the "America's got Choirs"! I saw that commercial the other day and about puked!

But they are reviving American Gladiators...lol! :)

Hopefully this strike will be over soon...i say just give them what they are asking for!!! We need Heroes!!!

Cara said...

barista's don't wait tables. and you could do killer latte art. it would be bomb.